Skip to main content

$60 million deal for Min Doktor


A picture of Jonas Vig, CEO of Min Doktor

writer icon Vera P. Jensen     Min Doktor   |   Business     🕐 20. Sep. 2018


Malmo-based Min Doktor has secured a $60 million investment from ICA Group. The investment agreement involves the merging of ICA Group's Minutkliniken with Min Doktor.

Min Doktor is a service which offers contact with a doctor via the internet, all hours of the day. Since their start in 2013, they have handled more than 300 000 patient cases.

Market competition

Min Doktor is not the only app-based healthcare service on the market. Competitors include Stockholm-based Kry, who also recently secured an investment. In their case, a successful $66 million was raised during their Series B funding round.

While there are other, similar services out there, it was Min Doktor that Apotek Hjärtat partnered with. Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Group, said in a press release that the customers appreciate being able to run their errands, such as filling a prescription, during the evenings and weekends. “With this deal, we can make health care services even more accessible,” he said.

As a result of the deal, Apotek Hjärtat now owns 42% of Min Doktor. The remaining 58% consists of other owners and investors, including the EQT Ventures fund.

The healthcare of the future

“Min Doktor is a serious and innovative healthcare provider and we are looking forward to developing the healthcare of the future together [with them]”, said Anders Nyberg, CEO of Apotek Hjärtat, in the press release.

According to Nyberg, the next step will be to invest in a large number of drop-in clinics, primarily in connection to the larger ICA stores.

“Our goal is to make it easier for people to get healthcare, and in this way contribute to improving public health”
, he said.

Changing the future

Jonas Vig, CEO of Min Doktor, believes that this investment “is a big and important step for both us as a company, and as leading players in the development of Swedish healthcare”.

“Together with ICA Group we are now making a big effort to further simplify everyday life for people”
, Vig explained.

Min Doktor shows that it is possible to affect change within old structures, and use modern technology to make things work more efficiently. Vig described the future of the partnership as “making high-quality care available in one’s pocket, as well as just around the corner”.



We believe that information should be free and will therefore never put up a paywall.

If you like reading our reports about the Scandinavian business scene and would like to donate towards the upkeep of the site, we would be very grateful. Click here to donate.

MOST POPULAR ARTICLES OF July




MOST POPULAR ARTICLES OF LAST YEAR